From: Zach Laine (whatwasthataddress_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-02-29 06:41:40

On Wed, Feb 28, 2024 at 11:26 PM Arno Schoedl <schoedl_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> > As for turning off Unicode for charN_t and wchar_t, do you have a
> > compelling use case for that? It seems very unlikely to me.
>
> As I wrote earlier, Windows path names or the input to Win32 edit boxes are 16 bit but may be invalid Unicode.

Ah, thanks. My understanding from talking to the MSVC library people
is that this is no longer a problem. That is, if you see this problem
now, it's because you're pulling filenames off of a file system from
an old version of Windows. There hasn't been a Windows OS one in the
last few years that suffers from this.

Zach