From: Arno Schoedl (schoedl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-02-29 07:03:54

is that this is no longer a problem. That is, if you see this problem
now, it's because you're pulling filenames off of a file system from
an old version of Windows. There hasn't been a Windows OS one in the
last few years that suffers from this.

Linux seems to suffer from it as well:

<https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/667652/can-a-file-path-be-invalid-utf-8>
[apple-touch-icon_at_2.png]
Can a file path be invalid UTF-8?<https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/667652/can-a-file-path-be-invalid-utf-8>
unix.stackexchange.com<https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/667652/can-a-file-path-be-invalid-utf-8>

And what‘s the benefit of insisting to be able to convert everything to UTF-32? It takes time, makes the parser less flexible, most matching is ASCII, and if you want to match Unicode, you have the extra step of normalization anyway. But I guess I won‘t convince you…

Arno

--
Dr. Arno Schödl
CTO

We are looking for C++ Developers: https://www.think-cell.com/developers

think-cell Software GmbH (Web site<https://www.think-cell.com>)
Leipziger Str. 51, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Main phone +49 30 6664731-0 | US toll-free +1 800 891 8091

Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg HRB 180042
Directors: Christoph Hobo, Dr. Arno Schödl

Please refer to our privacy policy<https://www.think-cell.com/privacy> on how we protect your personal data.

apple-touch-icon@2.png