From: David Sankel (camior_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-03-06 16:37:22

On Tue, Mar 5, 2024 at 6:43 AM Ion Gaztañaga via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> El 04/03/2024 a las 15:38, Andrey Semashev via Boost escribió:
> >> Now the next question is: *What's missing technically so that the new
> >> website can to live?*
> >
> > If you mean switching boost.org to the new website then the IP and
> > control issue I mentioned is blocking it.

The IP issue is the logo and, indeed, removing it or replacing it with
something the Boost Foundation can enforce the copyright of would be
sufficient.

The bigger technical issue is governance/ownership of the server. Putting
key pieces of infrastructure under control and charity of a single
individual has worked out very poorly for us in the past. My serious
concerns about the particular individual are actually besides the point.
The technical obstacle here is to get some Boost Foundation servers up and
running with the new site. This will be discussed at the Boost board
meeting next week.