From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-03-16 22:44:11

I guess I'll take a stab at offering a starting point for social media
posting guidelines. When I had access to post to the Boost_Libraries
account there were basically two kinds of posts. Official
communications from the Developers, and unofficial but relevant
announcements. The Developers are defined as the set of members of the
boostorg GitHub organization who have the Owner role, plus any proxies
they authorize.

Official communications include:

* When a review starts
https://twitter.com/Boost_Libraries/status/1622664075217092609

* When review results are available
https://twitter.com/Boost_Libraries/status/1768833941341896756

* When a Boost release is published (usually 3 a year):
https://twitter.com/Boost_Libraries/status/1735542393229967849

* When a change in policy for the libraries happens:
https://twitter.com/Boost_Libraries/status/1633484289693339648

Official communications are identifiable by the Boost logo watermark
appearing at a prescribed location and size in the color Boost
Mustard.

Examples of unrelated but relevant announcements include:
https://twitter.com/Boost_Libraries/status/1716891934986530946
https://twitter.com/Boost_Libraries/status/1748504615371334006

Unofficial posts should have images if possible, but never with a
Boost logo watermark, to denote that the post does not presume to
speak for or have an association with the Developers.

Anyway, these are the set of rules I informally invented when I had
posting privileges to Boost_Libraries. I always checked with other
developers before posting anything, especially for unofficial posts to
ensure that the content was relevant to Boost in some fashion. This
could be used as the starting point for explaining the guidelines for
operating official Boost accounts.

There is a page in the new site docs (a work in progress for sure)
which is intended to capture these guidelines in a way that is easily
understood by readers:

https://www.boost.io/doc/contributor-guide/tweeting.html

Disclaimer: That page is probably not be up to date, and is not the
product of a consensus-driven process. But it can be, someone just
needs to volunteer to do the work.

Thanks