From: Ruben Perez (rubenperez038_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-03-20 11:18:21

> I wrote something like this back in the day:
> https://github.com/mclow/snippets/blob/master/Base64.hpp
>
> If you look in that repo, you can find tests, and fuzzing tests.
> No docs, though.
>
> I’d be interested in hearing why (or why not) it fits your needs.

It wouldn't because:
* It's hardwired to use exceptions. My use case is a parser for a data
format with several base64 fields. It's not exceptional for them to be
malformed, so I'd rather use error codes.
* The format I'm parsing (P-H-C strings, a way to store hashed
passwords - see
https://github.com/P-H-C/phc-string-format/blob/master/phc-sf-spec.md)
mandates to not output padding characters.

Also, I don't see any tests for error cases.

Regards,
Ruben.