From: Ruben Perez (rubenperez038_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-03-20 11:21:13

> I'm interested in this, whether or not there is general interest for
> Boost, as it is an area of API research that could yield general
> benefits. With respect to base64 though, I would imagine we want it to
> at least be comparable in performance to this:
>
> https://github.com/aklomp/base64

Looks like a great library - and pretty optimized. I've been looking
into their source code and it looks like they dynamically query CPU
capabilities and store them in a global struct without any protection
- I'd say this makes the library not thread-safe. Looks like a good
library to take inspiration from, especially regarding performance.

Thanks,
Ruben.