From: Matt Borland (matt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-03-26 13:16:15

> However my tolerance for GCC 4.x with respect to incomplete or defective
> support for C++11 is non-existent. I will support those versions as long as
> doing so does not require heroics or an inordinate amount of my time.

The original question stems from: https://github.com/boostorg/charconv/issues/174. I have the exact same opinion of GCC 4.X which is why it is not supported in charconv. Dropping support for GCC 4.X in JSON to allow for the use of charconv yields substantial performance improvements: https://github.com/boostorg/json/pull/993.

Matt