From: Julien Blanc (julien.blanc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-03-26 13:45:00

Le 2024-03-26 13:28, Дмитрий Архипов via Boost a écrit :

> 1) Do you still use GCC 4.8 or 4.9?

yes (4.8.4 targetting arm)

> 2) If you do, is there a specific date when you plan to drop them?

As soon as possible. But validating an entire toolchain upgrade has a
cost with little direct benefit, so in reality it is likely to be
delayed a lot. But the same goes with upgrading boost: we still use 1.61
for that target. So it won't affect us if newer versions of boost no
longer compiles with our outdated toolchain.

RHEL7 has gcc 4.8 by default. But it will go end of maintenance in June.
At that time, i don't think there will be any remaining major platform
using this compiler. So it may be a good time to drop it for boost as
well.

Regards,

Julien