From: Hassan Sajjad (hassan.sajjad069_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-03-26 12:55:10

> Boost does not pay people (as far as I know). You're asking for
> compensation in the first message, but nodoby will pay it, and nodoby
> asked for it.

I look forward to the official word on my proposal. Without compensation,
it will not be possible for me to work on it.

I agree with others that three month of development are a bit too
> optimistic, and also in this case we must maintain two different build
> systems instead that one.

I would like to term the timeframe as realistic and not too optimistic at
all.

- In the thread I've read many messages like "b2 can do this", "well,
> also hmake", but no messages like "hmake can do it and b2 it's not able
> to do it" "oh really? I'd love to have it!". I don't see any important
> use case that's requested by the community and that hmake will provide
> while b2 not. So the community wil use hmake to do the same things that
> at the moment it does with b2.

b2 does not support header-units and modules and I believe the community is
interested in these C++20 features.

And, repeating myself, I can see that new features actually not
> supported by b2, pratically modules, are easier to be implemented in b2
> instead of using another build system

I think you are wrong in this evaluation. Boost build maintainer could
comment on that.

I strongly think that instead of a new build
> system I'll spend some effort, if necessary, in improving existing
> alternatives, like cmake, that are already widely used by the developer
> community around the world.

You won't be able to compile Boost with modules / header-units in CMake or
b2 in the next 3 months. I strongly think that I am offering the best
return on investment.