From: Sam Darwin (samuel.d.darwin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-03-26 22:04:16

On Tue, Mar 26, 2024 at 3:32 PM Ion Gaztañaga via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I integrate Boost ML with Thunderbird using a NNTP gateway (gmane).
> There is a noticeable delay (I don't know if it's due to mailman or
> gmane). Is this NNTP gateway mechanism expected to survive the upgrade?

How does Thunderbird using an NNTP gateway (gmane) connect to the current
mailman2 lists.boost.org ? If it's via standard email protocols (sending
and receiving email), then it should continue to work in the future.
Mailman version 3 is a complete rewrite, and adds an interactive Django web
interface to view the archives. But it still mainly works as a mailing list.
With mailman3, there is minimal lag to post a message on the archives, a
few seconds.