From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-03-27 07:50:28

El 26/03/2024 a las 23:04, Sam Darwin via Boost escribió:
> On Tue, Mar 26, 2024 at 3:32 PM Ion Gaztañaga via Boost <
> boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> I integrate Boost ML with Thunderbird using a NNTP gateway (gmane).
>> There is a noticeable delay (I don't know if it's due to mailman or
>> gmane). Is this NNTP gateway mechanism expected to survive the upgrade?
>>

> How does Thunderbird using an NNTP gateway (gmane) connect to the current
> mailman2 lists.boost.org ? If it's via standard email protocols (sending
> and receiving email), then it should continue to work in the future.
> Mailman version 3 is a complete rewrite, and adds an interactive Django web
> interface to view the archives. But it still mainly works as a mailing list.
> With mailman3, there is minimal lag to post a message on the archives, a
> few seconds.

I think Gmane does the work, because there is a request URL to add a new
list to the gateway:

https://admin.gmane.io/

Mailman seems to have also some NTTP gateway support, it looks like it
could replace Gmane (maybe improving latency, who knows):

https://docs.mailman3.org/projects/mailman/en/latest/src/mailman/handlers/docs/nntp.html

Best,

Ion