From: Boris Kolpackov (boris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-08-01 14:08:57

Andrey Semashev via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> writes:

> I'm probably not going to be helpful [...]

I think you put it very well and it matches my feelings about this
whole saga, watching from the sidelines.

> [...] but I don't really like either of the options

Perhaps there is a third option:

3. Nominate someone thoughtful and respected by both camps (like
   Peter Dimov) as a final arbiter in the disputes between the
   Alliance and the Foundation when it comes to the Boost business.

I think it's important for this to be a single person in order for
the decisions to be made promptly. It can be a temporary measure,
say for a year or two, until things cool off a bit between the
warring parties.