Re: [Boost-docs] The beauty of LATEX

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] The beauty of LATEX
From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-22 23:26:29

On 10/23/2011 4:10 AM, Dave Abrahams wrote:

> on Fri Oct 21 2011, Joel de Guzman <joel-AT-boost-consulting.com> wrote:
>
>> The language should not be newline nor comment sensitive.
>
> Really, you intend to require brackets around every paragraph? Or do I
> misunderstand your meaning?
>
>>> This syntax
>>> works in quickbook because it's always nested inside another block
>>> which terminates it, in a more general purpose language this might not
>>> always be the case.
>>
>> It's just like S-expressions.
>
> Not so sure... (a)(b) is always two S-expressions and can't be
> recognized as a single list, but AFAICT [a][b] might be a list or it
> might be a pair of lists. Am I missing something?

No. I think it's documentation that I have wrong. Yes, thinking
about it, [a][b] is not a list. I'll fix it.

What I was actually getting at are variable arguments like the
table:

  [table title
      [[Heading 1] [Heading 2] [Heading 3]]
      [[R0-C0] [R0-C1] [R0-C2]]
  ]

Where the rows of the form [r1][r2][r3] are collected in one
list, just like in scheme/lisp.

Thanks for reminding me.

Regards,

--