Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Gunter Winkler (guwi17_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-07 11:32:30

On Thursday 07 September 2006 16:28, Guimond, Alexandre wrote:
> Thx Gunter. Just tried that, but I get a similar error when specifying
> one or both template arguments as in the following. Other ideas? Thx.
>
> ublas::lu_substitute< ublas::matrix< float >, ublas::vector< float > >(
> triangular, /*pivot, */b );

Interesting, the functions can not be distinguished. I always use the version
with pivoting, which works perfectly.

Maybe one should drop the (IMHO strange) versions of lu substitute for solving
X A = B .

Now, you have different options:

* comment the ambiguous functions
* use pivoting (good for stability, little loss of performance)
* call the two triangular solves by yourself

mfg
Gunter