Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Andreas Klöckner (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-10 13:58:02

On Montag 09 Juni 2008, Jeremy Conlin wrote:
> Excellent! I currently get my bindings from the subversion repository in
> boost-sandbox. I get the feeling that these updated bindings are not in
> the sandbox, but in another location. Where is the best place to get the
> most updated files?

The answer depends on what you would like:

- The official bindings svn tends to have tests in place and moves relatively
slowly. Fixes and additional code sometimes don't get accepted for a variety
of reasons. If the contributor loses interest at the wrong time, his
contribution vanishes into the depths of the mailing list archives.

- With my repository, you get all of the above, plus most (all?) of the fixes
and contributions that got dropped previously. You get a higher chance of
finding bindings for the functionality you want (or having a bug fixed that
someone else noticed), in exchange for a slightly higher likelihood of
breakage if you end up using one of the newer parts.

Andreas