Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] contributing to boost.ublas in gsoc 2014
From: David Bellot (david.bellot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-02-28 09:01:08

Hi Rishabh,

I'm happy to see you're interested. We have plenty of potential projects
for ublas and my policy is to let the student choose and provide his/her
own ideas.

Please let me know what you're excited with and we can work on a project
and submit it.
This year, I believe we will have again many proposals. My forecast is that
we could have one slot for ublas if we're lucky. Last year we had 2, which
is great but we can't expect to have so many every year.

Usually, I asked newcomers to demonstrate their C++ abilities and
especially in manipulating templates which is a pre-requirement for working
on ublas. The test is quite simple:
- write a vector library using expression templates and show its
performance.

Best,
David