Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: Re: [Boost-cmake] README.txt and Welcome.txt?
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-28 08:06:09

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 6:35 PM, Daniel James <daniel_james_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> 2009/1/27 troy d. straszheim <troy_at_[hidden]>:
>> I tweaked things when I brought cmake over so that it wouldn't insist on
>> having a README.txt there, but of course it'd be good to have something
>> better than the generic one that comes packaged with cmake.
>
> OK, I'll leave this for a future release.

I'd prefer to add it this release on the theory that we've got
everyone's attention and it looks easy to do, so let's get it out of
the way.

Daniel, if you could do two things, that should get us rolling on this.

* Create http://beta.boost.org/users/history/minimal.php/version_1_38_0
(or some permanent URL, if you can pull that off.)

* Update https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/ReleasePractices/ManagerCheckList
"Release cycle initialization" to indicate what has to be done to set
up for each new release.

Thanks,

--Beman