Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: Re: [Boost-cmake] Parallel Builds on Windows (Was: Analysis of the current CMake system)
From: Ingo Albrecht (ingo.albrecht_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-05 12:07:41

Michael Jackson schrieb:
> There are those in the CMake community that successfully combine "unix
> makefiles" with the Visual Studio Compilers to perform parallel builds.
>
> http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2008-June/022178.html is one of
> the relevant threads.
>
> Here is another thread that has some important information about
> exactly what versions of gmake and others to use.
>
> http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2008-April/021336.html
Yes, I've seen this. Sadly it requires MSYS, which might just be good enough
for me if its packaging structure wouldn't require people to gather
required
packages by hand from a download repository, most packages there also
being somewhat outdated.

Using a hand-picked and custom-patched make.exe seems even more disturbing.

The VS generator, on the other hand, gives a nice and polished work
environment,
which from my outside perspective is much more appropriate for boost.