Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: Re: [Boost-cmake] Parallel Builds on Windows
From: Bill Hoffman (bill.hoffman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-08 09:15:15

Beman Dawes wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 6:58 AM, David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> But the real problem here is that anyone wanting to contribute a testing
>> server will have a tough time making good use of his hardware, because
>> --- unless I'm mistaken --- you can't automate the VS-based builds.
>>
>> ...or am I missing something?
>
> Isn't that what msbuild does?

It is totally automated. You can run devenv /build on the command line
or use msbuild, they do not pop up a gui. ctest uses devenv /build. All
of this is already automated by ctest. The question is about log
scrapping, which needs to be done. However, vs does create html logs
during the build, and you should be able to use them with not too much
effort.

-Bill