Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: Re: [Boost-cmake] Analysis of the current CMake system
From: Brad King (brad.king_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-03 16:40:35

troy d. straszheim wrote:
> Maybe I'm missing something... how do I tell what code has been
> compiled? By the build timestamp?

CTest's submissions are broken into "Nightly", "Experimental", and
"Continuous" categories. Look at a page like this:

   http://trilinos-dev.sandia.gov/cdash/index.php?project=Trilinos&subproject=Teuchos&date=2009-02-27

The "Nightly" section tests code from the repository trunk as of a
project-defined "nightly start time" on the specified date. Additional
Nightly sections can be defined for branches, like the
"Nightly 2.6 Release" section on CMake's dashboard:

   http://www.cdash.org/CDash/index.php?project=CMake

"Experimental" submissions are for users' builds of their own versions,
possibly with local changes. "Continuous" submissions come from machines
that constantly check the SCM server for new changes, build, and then
report their updates along with the results.

Normally the "Updates" column shows changes, and there is a link at the top
of the page for the version, but it looks like the Trilinos CDash is not
configured to show it. CMake's does.

I've been working on better CTest support for version control tools, and
one of my next TODOs when I get back to the topic is to submit a global
project revision number (except for CVS). CDash would then be able to
have a link to the SCM's web viewer for the exact tested version.

> On their main page I see only a download for a main Trilinos tarball...
> Trilinos version X doesn't tell me much about what version of Stokhos
> is included, or what Stokhos' required and optional dependencies (and
> their verison ranges) are. Do you happen to know how they handle this?

I don't know how Trilinos folks manage subproject versioning. It might
just be all one version for the entire project.

CDash currently does not have a notion of mix-and-match subproject versioning.

-Brad