Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-09 15:28:57

Stefan Slapeta writes:
> I would like to install a testing procedure on an IBM zOS mainframe
> environment in the long term. In order to do that, there are many
> problems to solve, but one of them I'm currently thinking about is
> whether we have a 'cookbook' that describes what regression.py
> exactly does. The only python port available for zOS/OS390 is for
> python 2.2 whereas regression.py requires 2.3 (at least the
> documentation says this, I've not investigated further), so it seems
> that the python script is not of any use for this purpose.

The script takes care of a great deal of things, so I wouldn't dismiss
it that easily. Why don't you try to run it and report back what
doesn't work? As far as I remember, the 2.3 requirement comes from the
fact that some of the Python modules we use are available only starting
from verion 2.3, but I might be wrong.

--
Aleksey Gurtovoy
MetaCommunications Engineering