Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-01 20:46:26

On Mon, 2 May 2005 00:41:03 +0100, Paul Baxter wrote
> I cannot run the tests very often or regularly. I wouldn't consider
> myself a 'regression tester' though I am interested in the state of
> Boost on Windows and Linux using icc and had hoped to give a little
> back when possible.
>
> Would you prefer I didn't bother sending in my 'user' results or
> perhaps you could separate the results from regular testers from
> those ad-hoc results by the rest of us?
>

> I've sent a windows set tonight, as it was running anyway, but I
> don't want to devalue the board with my 'clutter'. Perhaps you could
> delete older results automatically.

Sorry -- wasn't trying to devalue your contribution. Sometimes it's just hard
to tell what's going on with the regression testing. You look at the board
trying to see the state of things and then stuff doesn't update for days :-(

Given that sslapeta is running intel-win32-8_1, I'd be interested in knowing
if you have the same versions or different. Maybe if you are going to run at
a low frequency you could make sure to do something unique like running in
release mode instead of debug. This would add another dimension even though
it is low frequency that otherwise wouldn't get covered.

> While you're at it, would it be a good idea to request people do a
> full test cycle once a week to avoid a partially stale output?

Yep, that would probably be wise...

Jeff

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com