Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Joaquín Mª López Muñoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-14 02:56:57

Hello, the referred regression engine seems to have a generalized
problem by which no lib linking ever suceeds. This was reported
some weeks ago, but alas no solution has been found yet, see
http://tinyurl.com/onmvt for details. The problem seems to be a
configuration one, because:

* Every test involving lib linking fails to link, no matter the lib.
* Robert has reported that he builds Boost.Serialization for this
compiler in his local Comeau environment, so at least tests
involving this lib should work --but they don't.

I think if the person maintaining the engine (Bronek?) could perform
the following, maybe we'd gain some insight about the problem:

* Select some simple test which is failing due to lib linking and
bjam it manually. I suggest any_to_ref_test, which looks simple
enough, and fails bc of unsuccesful linking with
libboost_test_exec_monitor, see http://tinyurl.com/pvoxh
* Does bjam trigger the building of libboost_test_exec_monitor?
* If so, does it succeed?
* If so, which is the final name of the lib file and the dir where it
is located? Do those match what the linker expects later?

I cannot but help thinking this has to be a simple misconfiguration
problem, I'd like to be of more help in solving this but lacking
access to the engine I can only ask for Bronek to be our guide :)

Thank you,

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com