From: Paul Grenyer (pjgrenyer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-31 12:48:37

Hi All

I'm planning on replacing all our (Win32 API Wrapped) threads with the
boost threads.

I was looking at the thread class interface and there isn't a method to
ask if the thread is still running. This is something we use quite a lot
in out current wrapper. To get around this I was thinking of using a
member variable in the function object that is passed to the thread
constructor to indicated whether the thread had finished. Is there a
better way?

I've not had a really good look at the docs yet, but there doesn't
appear to be a Critical Section class. Should I be using the Mutex for
synchronisation instead?

--
Regards
Paul