From: Jason Winnebeck (yg-boost-users_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-31 13:48:29

Paul Grenyer wrote:
> I've not had a really good look at the docs yet, but there doesn't
> appear to be a Critical Section class. Should I be using the Mutex for
> synchronisation instead?

How do you think mutex and CS differ? From what I understand they
perform the same purpose. Win32 CS's are recursive lockable, I believe
that is an option or an ability of the boost mutex as well. I wouldn't
be surprised if it was implemented as CS's in Win32.

As for the "is running" query, I'm not sure. I have to admit I don't
use boost threads (I have my own wrapper I made before I learned of
boost), but I'm trying to help answering the simple question when I can ;).

Jason