From: Jason Winnebeck (yg-boost-users_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-01 07:20:01

Mark Sizer wrote:
> I wouldn't bet my life, or even a paycheck on it, but I'm pretty sure.
> It may be a distinction that some book made years ago that has stuck in
> my head.
>
> Here's MSDN's summary (not that I'm claiming MSDN is authoritative):
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dllproc/base/critical_section_objects.asp

It looks like you probably saw this already and changed your mind
halfway throught he post, but did you read the last paragraph?

<quote>
When a critical section object is owned, the only other threads affected
are those waiting for ownership in a call to EnterCriticalSection.
Threads that are not waiting are free to continue running.
</quote>

Jason