From: Jonathan Roewen (yg-boost-users_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-01 04:51:32

Hi All,

I'm trying to use the filesystem lib, but I'm having some problems figuring
out how to build it properly.

I'm using MSVC.NET on WindowsXP, and I ran the bjam tool like in the docs
for the whole set of libraries. It took me a while to figure out where it
had put everything, and finally found a file called libboost_filesystem.lib.
I copied it to a convenient location, added the library path and lib file to
my project settings, and then tried to link my app.

MSVC then gave a bunch of linker errors, and suggested to add MSVCRT to the
nodefaultlib setting, so I did that, and got less linker errors. All that
is left is some thing to do with exception & string classes. Linker errors
are all about multiply defined symbols.

I suppose I'm doing something wrong somewhere along the line, but not sure
what. I can't tell if bjam is actually doing what it's supposed to, and the
documentation around the place can be pretty sparse in places, so I hope
someone can point out what I can do to get things working.

Regards,

Jonathan Roewen