From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-08 07:53:45

>I have a very simple regex program that will not compile on AIX using IBM's
>xlc++ compiler.
>
>Here is the program:
>"/usr/local/include/boost/regex/v4/cregex.hpp", line 75.4: 1540-0063 (S)
>The text "0x001" is unexpected.

I believe this is a known problem: there is a fix in the works but you may
have to wait a while: the problem occurs if you include the platforms native
<regex.h> before including <boost/regex.hpp>, I believe in some modes IBM's
compiler includes <regex.h> if you include nearly any platform header. You
could try moving <boost/regex.hpp> to be the first include, if that doesn't
fix it, it gets harder, because the "correct" fix is a complete
restructuring of the Boost.Regex header structure. I believe that our AIX
regression tests were passing for Boost.Regex so there is a set of compiler
options that will also remove the problem, our regression tests are using
something like:

    xlC -c -DNDEBUG -O3 -qstrict -qinline -qnotempinc -qfuncsect -qeh -qrtti
source-file.cpp

but I don't know which of those is important,

Regards,

John.