From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-08 07:41:24

>I have several unresolved symbols in a test routine compiled on tru64,
>using libboost_regex-tru.so.
>The same routine runs great on linux with libboost_regex-gcc.so.
>
>I'm using boost 1.32, cxx version 6.5-041
>
>cxx -o regex regex.o -hidden -lcxxstd -non_hidden -rpath /usr/lib
>-L/usr/lib -lboost_regex-tru
>ld:
>Unresolved:
>boost::regbase::regbase(void)
>boost::c_regex_traits<char>::init(void)

Those symbols are definitely in the library source, so I've no idea why you
would get unresolved externals.

Are there any diagnostics you can use to check what symbols are in the .so
file?
I'm fairly sure this worked OK in our automated regression tests, but the
Tru64 results seem to have disappeared for now.
What happens if you link to the static version of the lib?

John.