From: Paul (elegant_dice_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-28 18:48:29

Beman Dawes wrote:
> "Paul" <elegant_dice_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I thought you said this code was going away in "the next version" (see
>>your response at the bottom). The code is still the same as in 1.32,
>>and AFAIK, it will still suffer the same problem that I reported months
>>ago.
>

> "Next version" as in next version of the filesystem library. That won't be
> available until Boost release 1.34.

Ok, great to hear the next version is close to being done, etc.

However, would it be possible to at least add something to the
documentation, or to add a test case to test for this problem, or to add
a workaround, or post a patch for a workaround, or something? 1.34 is
a long way away for a lot of us boost-users - 1.33 has only just arrived!

Maybe this problem is a non-issue for everyone else here? Otherwise,
fine, but it seems to me that theres been quite a few messages about
people getting bitten by this filesystem-as-a-dll problem. Thats quite
a few hours wasted, and a lot of frustration.

so, can we do something for the interim?

Thanks
Paul