From: Daniel Krügler (dsp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-29 00:51:05

Pavol Droba wrote:
>>Several functors in Boost.Algorithm do not fulfill CopyConstructable
>>requirements, e.g.
>>
>>case_conv.hpp: to_lowerF, to_upperF
>>formatter_regex.hpp: regex_formatF
>>
>>I propose to replace their reference members by either corresponding
>>pointers or by boost::reference<>'s.
>

> All these functors are not part of the libraries's public interface.
> They are not documented and they can change between different versions
> of the library. I strongly recommend not to use them.
>
> If you find some of them usefull, we can consider to add something with
> similar functionality to the public interface.

First: I apologize for using wrong nomenclature. I meant Assignable
instead of CopyConstructible (the last one is fulfilled). Although
Assignable is not a base requirements on functors, this requirement is
needed, if the functor is e.g. a member of an iterator. An example of is
boost::transform_iterator, which is used in to_upper_copy of the file
case_conv.hpp.

Greetings from Bremen,

Daniel