From: Adam M (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-29 16:03:45

Hi all,

I am trying to compile Boost on my Windows 2000 box, but I need to
enable the zlib support in Boost.Iostreams for the project I'm working
on.

I read through the "Getting Started" guide and the Boost.Iostreams docs,
and I have done what it says to have zlib support installed, but it's
not working.

I downloaded the zlib DLL from their website and extracted it to C:/zlib

Here's my bjam command line:
bjam "-sNO_COMPRESSION=0 -sTOOLS=vc-7_1 -sNO_ZLIB=0 -sZLIB_BINARY=zdll
-sZLIB_INCLUDE=C:/zlib/include -sZLIB_LIBPATH=C:/zlib/lib" install

When I do that, bjam says:
"Building Boost.Iostreams with zlib and gzip support disabled.
To enable zlib and gzip, consult the Boost.Iostreams documentation."

I thought maybe it was a red herring, so I let the compile finish
anyway. However, there's no "libboost_zlib-*" in my Boost/lib folder.

Can someone enlighten me as to what I've done wrong here? I'm stumped.

Thanks,
Adam