From: Jonathan Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-30 19:40:56

Adam M wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to compile Boost on my Windows 2000 box, but I need to
> enable the zlib support in Boost.Iostreams for the project I'm working
> on.
>
> I read through the "Getting Started" guide and the Boost.Iostreams
> docs, and I have done what it says to have zlib support installed,
> but it's not working.
>
> I downloaded the zlib DLL from their website and extracted it to
> C:/zlib
>
> Here's my bjam command line:
> bjam "-sNO_COMPRESSION=0 -sTOOLS=vc-7_1 -sNO_ZLIB=0 -sZLIB_BINARY=zdll
> -sZLIB_INCLUDE=C:/zlib/include -sZLIB_LIBPATH=C:/zlib/lib" install

I'm going to have to make a note in the documentation about this, since it comes
up frequently. Compression filters are disabled whenever you set the variable
NO_COMPRESSION, *even if you give it the value 0*. In retrospect, I probably
should have given the value 0 special treatment; I'm reluctant to change it now,
however, since this is one library feature that's hard to test.

Please try omitting -sNO_COMPRESSION=0 and see what happens.

--
Jonathan Turkanis
www.kangaroologic.com