From: Johan Nilsson (r.johan.nilsson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-28 02:57:33

Hi,

I guess this is more of a regular preprocessor question than a
Boost.Preprocessor specific one, but:

Shouldn't it be possible to concat tokens starting with (or solely
consisting of) a '-'? The example at the end of this posting yields the
errors:

error: pasting "-" and "debug" does not give a valid preprocessing token
error: pasting "foo" and "-" does not give a valid preprocessing token

---
#include <boost/preprocessor/cat.hpp>
#include <boost/preprocessor/stringize.hpp>
#include <iostream>
#define MODULE foo
#define VARIANT debug
#define NAME BOOST_PP_CAT(MODULE, BOOST_PP_CAT(-, VARIANT))
void foo()
{
  std::cout << "The name is: " << BOOST_PP_STRINGIZE(NAME) << '\n';
}
---
Any workaround? I'm using Boost from cvs at RC_1_34_0 and g++ 4.0.2 under
OpenSuse 10.
/ Johan