From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-08 20:14:24

Dennis Jones wrote:
> "Dennis Jones" <djones_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>> Just prior to the error, the following is visible:
>>
>> c:\source\3rdParty\boost\boost_1_34_0\tools\jam\src>.\bootstrap\jam0 -f
>> build.jam --toolset=borland "--toolset-root=C:\Program
>> Files\Borland\CBuilder5\Bin\..\ "
>>
>> Indicating that a path containing spaces ("Program Files") apparently
>> confuses the script.
>
> The lack of responses to my query indicates that either nobody knows the
> answer or I am the only person that thinks this is a problem. If this
> really is a problem, I would have expected Boost developers to comment or
> suggest alternative solutions. On the other hand, if it is not a problem, I
> would have expected someone to quickly point out an error in my use of the
> script. But neither has happened, so I'm left wondering...
>
> Can anyone offer any insight, or confirm or reject my assertion that a
> problem exists?

Sorry, Dennis... I haven't gotten a chance to look at your problem.
Although I can confirm it's a problem :-) You might want to try the bjam
version from the Boost CVS HEAD repo. I made some changes some time ago
that should address spaces in paths. But I can't guarantee it will help.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything