From: Maik Beckmann (maikbeckmann_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-01 03:00:51

Am Mittwoch, 1. August 2007 00:36:43 schrieb Douglas Gregor:
> Hello all,

> The main Boost development branch is available via anonymous, read-
> only checkout at:
>
> http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/trunk/

Hello,

I just want to mention that the subversion backend
    SVNkit
of the subversion plugin for eclipse called
    subclipse (http://subclipse.tigris.org/)
is unhappy about the trunk directory you created. It says
<svn console>
svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/svn/boost/!svn/bc/38332/trunk'
svn: Processing PROPFIND request response failed: Attribute
name "svn:mime-type" associated with an element type "C:" must be followed by
the ' = ' character. (/svn/boost/!svn/bc/38332/trunk)
</svn console>
if I try to look into trunk.

I use this subversion in conjunction with subclipse for my own little project
and for a bunch of other libs (the boost sandbox, spirit, ... ) and its the
first time this error message is shown.

I found this at gmane
    http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.ipod.gtkpod/2443
where the following is said
<quote>I believe this is svn handling badly the incorrect property names that
were created in the CVS to SVN conversion</quote>

For those who are using subclipse, changing the backend to JavaHL is an
alternative, since JavaHL doesn't care about the problem in the repository.
JavaHL is a binding to the C implementation of subversion (SVNkit is 100%
Java).

Regards,
Maik Beckmann