From: Daniel Lidström (daniel.lidstrom_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-02 10:53:09

"Boris" <boriss_at_[hidden]> wrote in message news:op.t8zlazpz9dsao3_at_burk...
> Boost.Asio currently supports only network I/O out of the box. However it
> can be extended to support any asynchronous I/O operations. For example I
> have created a file monitor which I can plug into a Boost.Asio I/O core
> service. If a file changes then a handler is called. Thus it's the same
> concept as used by the network services (which are really the only
> services provided by Boost.Asio today and which made me also wonder some
> time ago why this library isn't simply called Boost.Net).
>
> Boris

Hello Boris,

I am very interested in the file monitor you have created. Would you mind
sharing it
as an advanced usage example of Asio?

Maybe I have misunderstood something, but it looks to me as if Asio contains
an
asynchronous event model that can be used for *any* type of event. Not just
IO-based.
Can you say that this is the case?

--
Daniel