From: Igor Rubinov (igor_rubinov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-03 11:41:39

Hello,

This is kind of newbie question. Any help would be greatly appreciated :).

I'd like to map (SourceClass_i) list to (DestClass_i) list in the way that for any instance of SourceClass_i passed to the mapping expression, an instance of DestClass_i will be created and the result of the expression would be of type DestClass_i.

I defined the mapping as follows:

typedef mpl::map< mpl::pair<SourceClass1, DestClass1>, mpl::pair<SourceClass2, DestClass2> //, etc...> source2dest;

Now I guess I have to take the result of mpl::at<source2dest, SourceClass> and apply kind of:

template<typename DestClass> struct Creator{ static DestClass create() { return *new DestClass; } };
...but unfortunately the things don't come together.

Thank you in advance!