From: François Mauger (mauger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-08 07:03:00

Hi Christian, Daniel and all,

I'm also interested in portable binary archive format.
Unfortunately, I have no time to extend the example provided
for integers within 1.33.

Do you mean that in the 1.35 unreleased work you have at hand,
you can handle floats (32bits) and doubles (64bits) using underlying IEEE
standard and aware of endianess?

regards

frc

> 5. If speed is less important for your application (than for ours)
> consider using text archives instead. those are designed for portability.

note that for very critical applications (computations very sensitive
to precision) for the last digit
in text-serialized doubles is unsafe.

--
Francois Mauger
Laboratoire de Physique Corpusculaire de Caen et Universite de Caen