From: Pfligersdorffer, Christian (Christian.Pfligersdorffer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-08 08:00:12

Francois Mauger wrote:

> I'm also interested in portable binary archive format.
> Unfortunately, I have no time to extend the example provided for
> integers within 1.33.

Dear Francois!

There's no need for you doing so since that's exactly what we've already
done. Go and grab it from the serialization folder in the boost vault:
www.boost-consulting.com/vault/

> Do you mean that in the 1.35 unreleased work you have at
> hand, you can handle floats (32bits) and doubles (64bits)
> using underlying IEEE standard and aware of endianess?

Yes, by using the 'Integer' and 'Floating Point Utilities' libraries,
also available from the vault. Really, everything was already there, it
just had to be put together by someone...

In November Robert Ramey announced he would release a commercially
sponsored portable binary archive with one of the next versions:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.user/31851 - I do not know
what came out of that but I thought this might be of interest.

Regards,

--
Christian Pfligersdorffer
Software Engineering