From: Chris Ross (cross+boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-03 11:36:40

  I want to put a bunch of configuration into a file, and was wondering
if boost::program_options could be used to load it. Looking at the
documentation for program_options, it's easy to load configuration off
of the command line, and then other values for same and additional
configuration parameters from a config file.

  But, what I want to do is have a data file. I want to have a file
that looks like, say:

[thing1]
name=dogooder
method=http
[thing2]
name=bob
method=http
[thing4]
name=mary
method=gopher

  And, I'm wondering if I can use program_options::parse_config_file to
load this, or if there's no way for parse_config_file to load things
that aren't specifically entered in to the options_decription as
expected options... Can it load unexpected options? Is there an
iterator that would let me just look at everything that was loaded?

  Thanks...

                        - Chris