Subject: [Boost-users] Problem solved: LNK2019 with boost::thread_group [!]
From: Joseph A. Marks (josephamarks_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-11 11:14:51

Problem solved:

In case anyone ever needs to know, here are the steps taken to solve the problem: {NOTE: A colleague helped me with this}.

Re-loaded Boost, upgrading to v. 1.37 {this upgrade may be a red herring, but it didn't hurt). This version is very friendly to compiling in MS VS 2008 (version 9).

Then, added the following, at the top of any relevant file:

#include <boost/test/floating_point_comparison.hpp>

#define BOOST_TEST_MAIN "Test put_your_town_string_here"
#include <boost/test/unit_test.hpp>
#include <boost/test/auto_unit_test.hpp>

I am not sure if the first of these includes is required, but this always seems to work.

Hopefully, someone will be helped by this e-mail at some point or other.

Thanks,
Sincerely,

Joseph A. Marks
e-mail: josephamarks_at_[hidden]