Subject: Re: [Boost-users] signals/slots and boost::functions
From: david.weber_at_[hidden]
Date: 2008-12-11 11:24:45

> Ah. If you can somehow know what type slot holds, then it would work.
> See http://www.boost.org/doc/html/function/faq.html#id2914032

Hrm. I read it, and understand the reasons why, but then I read this:
"The Signals library has a way around this."

I was wondering if you had any insight, and could elaborate further, as
this is functionality that would make our implementation significantly
simpler. We do have a well-defined function prototype, and all the code
is being written as we speak, so it's simple enough to enforce certain
restrictions to gain the functionality (if possible).