Subject: Re: [Boost-users] string iterator not dereferencable
From: Peter Barker (newbarker_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-06 16:25:40

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 10:30 AM, Alessandro Condotta <gale82_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am newbie and I am developing in C++ using VC9, Boost 1.37, CPLEX
> 11.1. I use date_time and program_options boost libraries and my program
> compiles fine. Date_time works perfectly while program_options gives me a
> runtime error saying "Debug assertion failed .... string iterator not
> dereferencable" every time I pass any argument in the command line. The
> assertion fails at line 112 of "C:\program files\microsoft visual studio
> 9.0\vc\include\xstring"
>
> So I try to figure out what was going on in the following way:
>
> - I tried "first.cpp" in program option example directory on a new project:
> it works with no problem.
>
> -Then I tried to replace the main function of my project with the exact code
> of "first.ccp" and I got "string iterator not dereferencable" again.
>
> Can anyone help me ?

This is just a "stab in the dark" as you've had no other replies, and
I've never used program_options.

If first.cpp works in a new project, but not in your project, then it
sounds like you should compare the compiler/linker settings on your
project with the new project that just contains first.cpp.

Regards,

Pete