Subject: Re: [Boost-users] string iterator not dereferencable
From: Alex MDC (alex.mdc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-06 17:43:40

> I am newbie and I am developing in C++ using VC9, Boost 1.37, CPLEX
> 11.1. I use date_time and program_options boost libraries and my program
> compiles fine. Date_time works perfectly while program_options gives me a
> runtime error saying "Debug assertion failed .... string iterator not
> dereferencable" every time I pass any argument in the command line. The
> assertion fails at line 112 of "C:\program files\microsoft visual studio
> 9.0\vc\include\xstring"

When you get the assertion failure, have a look at the back trace to find
out which line in program_options and which line of your code it is coming
from, maybe that will give more clues.

If you're still stuck it is helpful if you can post a *small* but complete
code snippet that can reproduce your problem, as there may be something very
simple that you're doing wrong.

Alex