Subject: Re: [Boost-users] can't build an official example on eclipse
From: Nick Wiggill (nick.wiggill_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-12 20:51:31

I'm using Eclipse/CDT with GCC under Windows.

You DO NOT need to specify any command-line switches/options. I
suggest
you first remove them all. Once you've done that, go into Project
Properties->
C/C++ Build->Settings->GCC C++ Compiler->Directories and set your
include directory to whatever the ROOT of your boost folder is, so in
my case
this is D:\libs\boost_1_41_0. DO NOT add \boost onto the end of that
path.

I believe the precompiled libs (/lib) are optional, because I can
compile fine
without them. So don't worry about that for now, first get the
includes working.

"Most Boost libraries are header-only: they consist entirely of header
files
containing templates and inline functions, and require no separately-
compiled
library binaries or special treatment when linking."
(cf. http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_41_0/more/getting_started/windows.html)

When you've done the above , I suggest you make an extremely simple
test
class which only tries to include a single boost class and see if you
can get
that to include boost, and build correctly. Then take it from there.