Subject: Re: [Boost-users] questions on PBGL
From: Nick Edmonds (ngedmond_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-16 17:49:46

Hi Raghava,

I'll likely be doing most of the PBGL rewrite to use AM++. AM++ will be the underlying communication framework, but AM++ itself uses MPI, GASNet, and possibly in the future DCMF/Blue Waters/Portals/etc. as it's data transport layer. With regards to the PBGL interfaces, I'm planning on doing as much as I can to avoid breaking backwards compatibility at the algorithm and property map interface level. There will likely be a number of interface extensions though. The consistency semantics of the underlying data may have to change a bit to support some of the hybrid parallel things I want to do, but the single-threaded case *should* be mostly the same. If you let me know what you're planning on using I can provide more detailed explanations (at least what my plans are if not what the final form will be).

Cheers,
Nick