Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [boostbook+quickbook] : A way to write latex math
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-27 05:19:16

Google
> Custom Search in my documentation, which allows the user to search parts
or
> the whole documentation. It's very easy and in my opinion would be a great
> improvement for the boost online docs. At first glance, you only think on
the
> search features, but it's more than that. You as a software provider, get
stats on
> user searches, which can be used to improve the search and the
documentation.

That is indeed very useful
(as also would be an intelligent automatic index,
 something else we haven't quite cracked yet, despite John's promising
effort).

I find that the pdf provides a built-in near-equivalent search of the whole
document,
something that I find really, really useful when reading my own docs
(Math and SVG_plot - both 500 pages long!)

So I don't think it is essential to have exactly the same features for both.

Of course, on the original topic, it would still be very nice to have better
ways of dealing with equations,
always hard work.

As a MS Word user, it would seem natural to use its equation editor
(rather than yet another utility - however good - to install)
 - but how you get the actual equation out, I have no knowledge yet.

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow,
Prizet Farmhouse, Kendal LA8 8AB  UK