Subject: [Boost-users] [iostreams] Issue when compiling with zlib, and suggestion
From: Sean Farrow (sean.farrow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-12 17:43:19

Hi all:
I'm currently trying to compile boost 1.47. I need to use the zlib features in the ioStreams library hence am using the following command line:
bjam toolset=msvc --stagedir=stage/vc/v10/32-bit -sZLIB_SOURCE="c:\progra~1\zlib" -sZLIB_LIBPATH="c:\progra~1\zlib\boost_zlib.lib" -sBZIP2_SOURCE="c:\progra~1\bzip2" --build-type=complete >boostv10.txt
this fails telling me it carn't open boost_zlib.lib.
it appears from the docs that this command line is correct. I'm compiling on windows xp, vc 2010.
Also, whilst I think about it, without modifying the default jam file the boost.iostreams library fails to compile, the file gzio.c is no longer in the zlib distribution as of version 1.2.3.9-could this be rectified for future boost releases?
Regards
Sean.