Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Review] Lockfree review starts today, July 18th
From: Klaim - Joël Lamotte (mjklaim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-18 10:51:57

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 15:32, Hartmut Kaiser <hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden]>wrote:

Just a minor request so far :

If I remember correctly (and I might be very wrong as my memory is really
not clear on this point), the presentation at boostcon started by explaining
why lockfree data structures should be used only in last resort or something
like that.

Maybe a documentation page with such explainations would help the user know
if it there are better solutions for their cases? I read that the main
purpose is comunication between threads.

Joël Lamotte